This is basically a salad with whatever you want in it (the okonomi in okonomiyaki – a Japanese “pizza” or “pancake” means whatever you want or as you like it). A salad with whatever chopped veggies and goodies you’d like to have in it, tossed with a yummy, fragrantly, garlicky dressing that is.
The dressing recipe is from David Lebovitz – (http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2011/07/chopped-vegetable-salad-with-lemon-garlic-dressing/) and I pretty much followed it to the letter – except I added one extra clove of garlic and used this wonderful black truffle olive oil I got at the Borough Market in London during my honeymoon. (^_^)v It’s essential to use a good quality oil that you like!
For my salad, I put in the following:
- 1 heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 ear of white corn, cooked for a few minutes in lightly salted water and then shaved kernels off
- fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 pieces of bacon pan-fried (or microwaved), drained, and chopped
- 1/2 half a head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, chopped
It’s all optional though, so make it with what you like or whatever is in the fridge!